Question: The newly drafted National Commission for Homeopathy Bill, 2018 will replace which of the following institution?
(a) Ayush Department
(b) Central Council for Homeopathy
(c) Homeopathy and Naturopathy Council
(d) None of the above
- On 28 December 2018, Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modihasapproved the draft National Commission for Homeopathy Bill, 2018 replacing the existing regulator Central Council for Homeopathy (CCH) with a new body ensuring greater transparency.
- This bill also provides for the constitution of a National Commission with three autonomous boards entrusted with conducting overall education of Homeopathy by Homeopathy Education Board.
- The Board of assessment and rating to assess and grant permission to educational institutions of Homoeopathy and Board of ethics and registration of practitioners of Homoeopathy to maintain National Register and ethical issues relating to practice are under the National Commission for Homoeopathy.
- The board proposes for a common entrance exam and an exit exam needed to be cleared by all graduates to get license for practice. It also proposes an eligibility test for the teachers before their appointment and promotions.
- This Commission aims to bring reforms in the medical education of Homeopathy in lines with the National Medical Commission proposed for setting up for Allopathy system of medicine.