Question: Which Bank has launched the Udyam Abhilasha Campaign?
(a)State Bank of India
(d)Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) has launched Udyam Abhilasha Campaign in 115 aspirational districts identified by NITI Aayog in 28 States reaching about 15000 youths. The campaign would be running parallel from 3rdOctober to 8thOctober, 2018 across India.
- SIDBI has partnered with CSC e-Governance Services India Limited, a Special Purpose Vehicle, (CSC SPV) set up by the Ministry of Electronics & IT, Govt. of India for implementing the campaign through their CSCs.
- The objectives of the campaign is to inspire rural youth in aspirational districts to be entrepreneurs by assisting them to set up their own enterprise, to impart trainings through digital medium across the country, to create business opportunities for CSC VLEs.
- This campaign also focuses on women aspirants in these aspirational districts to encourage women entrepreneurship and to assist participants to become bankable and avail credit facility from banks to set up their own enterprise and making them aware about various initiatives of Government of India like Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana, Start Up India (SUI) etc.
- It will create and strengthen cadre of more than 800 trainers to provide entrepreneurship training to aspiring youths across these district.
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI):
- SIDBI is the Principal Financial Institution for the Promotion, Financing, Development and Coordination of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) sector.
- It was founded on 2nd April 1990.It is headquartered at Lucknow and has its offices all over the country.
- SIDBI is also taking-up with stakeholders including Banks, NABARD, NBFCs, SFBs, District Industries Centres, and State Govt. etc. to be a part of this campaign and ensure multifold impact.