Question: Tesla Company recently developed Asia’s largest energy storage system in which of the following country?
(a) South Korea
- Tesla has developed its largest power storage system in Asia. It is established to reduce energy demand and provide emergency backup power to trains in Japan.
- It has installed a bank of 42 Powerpacks at a train station in Japan’s Osaka. It can provide sufficient backup power to safely move a train and its passengers to the nearest station during power outage. The 42 Powerpacks battery system will also help reduce energy demand on the Osaka grid during peak hours
- This 7 megawatt-hours (MWh) system is its largest energy storage project in Asia, and the fourth largest in the greater Asia-Pacific (APAC) region. This system was developed in partnership with Kintetsu, a railway operator in Japan’s Osaka,
- The new Tesla Powerpacks system is a fully integrated, AC-connected energy storage system that can connect to a building or utility network. It has 16 individual battery pods, each with an isolated DC-DC converter.
- Tesla, Inc. (formerly Tesla Motors, Inc.) is an American automotive and Energy Company based in Palo Alto, California. It was founded in 2003.