Question:Which of the following was incorporated by Ministry of Finance in year 2008 to promote skill development?
(a) National Skill Development Corporation
(b) BFSI Sector Skill Council of India
(c) Skill India
(d) All of the above
- On 7 January 2019 in a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha,Shri Anantkumar Hegde,Minister of State for Skill Development notified that National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) is supporting UGC (University Grant Commission) for three schemes namely Community College, Bachelor of Vocational course (BVOC) & Deen Dayal Upadhyaya (DDU) Kaushal Kendras being introduced in different colleges and universities.
- At present, there are 429 colleges/universities under these schemes.
- Application of above system yield in employability of the general graduates which increases effectively as the student can have vocational experience on the shop-floor, along with their graduation.
- Around, one lakh students are covered under 165 BVOC colleges, 223 Community Colleges and 64 DDU Kaushal Kendra Colleges.
- Ministry of Skill development and Entrepreneurship is supporting these schemes through NSDC.NSDC a body under Ministry of Finance incorporated on July 31, 2008 on Public Private Partnership (PPP) model.