Question: Which of the following country is involved with India in bilateral exercise SIMBEX 18?
- The 25th edition of SIMBEX, an acronym for “Singapore-India Maritime bilateral exercise” is scheduled from 10th to 21st November, 2018, off Andaman Sea and Bay of Bengal.
- This bilateral maritime exercise was started in 1994 with training of RSN ships with Indian Navy.
- The 25thedition will witness a diverse range of exercises at sea ranging from live weapon drills including multiple missile firings, Heavy Weight Torpedo (HWT).
- This year, the Indian Navy is being represented by the Ranvir class destroyer – INS Ranvijay, two Project 17 multirole stealth frigates – INS Satpura and INS Sahyadri, the Project 28 ASW corvette – INS Kadmatt the Project 25A missile corvettes, INS Kirch, the OPVs INS Sumedha and INS Sukanya, the Fleet Support Ship, INS Shakti, a Sindhughosh Class submarine, INS Sindhukirti, the P8I Long Range Maritime Patrol and ASW aircraft from INAS 312, Dornier 228 Maritime Patrol aircraft from INAS 311, Mk 132 Hawk AJTs from INAS 551 and integral helicopters such as the UH3H, Seaking 42 B, Seaking 42C and Chetak utility helicopters.
- The initial harbour phase will be held at Port Blair, the capital of Andaman and Nicobar Islands from 10th to 12th November followed by Sea Phase from 12th to 16th November in the Andaman Sea. The second harbour phase from 16th to 19th November will be held at Visakhapatnam
By Ramayan Upadhyay