Question: Consider the following statements about Shalaka Samman 2017-18:
- Manager Pandey was announced as the winner of 2017-18.
- This award is being given since 1987.
- Shalaka Samman is highest honour of Hindi Academy, Delhi.
Which among the above statements is /are correct?
(a) Only 1&2
(b) Only 2&3
(c) Only 2
- Prominent scriptwriter, lyricist and poet Javed Akhtar received “Shalaka Samman” for the year 2017-18 by Hindi Sahitya Academy, New Delhi.
- The award was bestowed to him by Academy Vice Chairman Vishnu Khare on 1st July 2018.
- Javed Akhtar has won five National Film Awards for best lyricist ,16 Filmfare Awards for Best Lyrics, Best Script and Best Dialogue, Sahitya Akademi for Urdu in 2013, major civilian awards like Padma Shri in 1999 and Padma Bhusan in 2007.
- In March 2010, Javed Akhtar was nominated to the Rajya Sabha as Member of Parliament.
About Shalaka Samman:
- It is the highest honor given by Hindi Academy every year to the scholars who have done premier literary contribution for the upliftment of Hindi language.
- This award is provided since 1987 and the first recipient was legendary poet Dr. Ram Vilas Sharma.
- The award includes a cash reward of Rs. 5 Lakh, citation and emblem etc.