Question: SEBI constitutes research advisory committee is headed by?
(a) Dr. Sankar De
(b) Dr. Ajit Rnade
(c) Mr. Dhirendra Kumar
(d) Madan Sabnavis
- SEBI has constituted a Research Advisory Committee headed by Dr. Sankar De and comprising of prominent financial economists and market practitioners as Members on 8th January, 2019.
- The objective of the committee is Research; which is relevant for development and regulation of capital market in India and for SEBI keeping in view the linkage of research to policy making.
- Effective Strategy for Effective execution and delivery of research.
- Promotion/Development/Maintenance of databases relevant for capital market regulation research.
- Exploring Research Collaborations with external researchers, including other regulators as well as academic institutions, both domestically and overseas, as appropriate.
- Promotion/development of research proposals in-house as well as by interested external researchers.