Question: Consider the following statements related to Saksham-2018–
(1) Saksham-2018 is being organized by the Power Ministry.
(2) Its purpose is to promote electrical conservation.
Which of the above is/are correct?
(a) Only 1
(b) Only 2
(c) 1 and 2 both
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
- On January 16th, 2018, Saksham (Sanrakshan Kshamta Mahotsav) a month long month mahotsav started at Siri Fort Auditorium in Delhi.
- Saksham (Sanrakshan Kshamta Mahotsav) is an annual flagship event of Petroleum Conservation Research Association (PCRA) under the aegis of Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, Govt. of India.
- Oil & Gas PSUs along with other stakeholders like State Governments also actively participate in this.
- Mahotsav is objected to create focused attention on fuel conservation through people centric activities and to sensitize the masses about the conservation and efficient use of petroleum products leading to better health and environment.
- The month long campaign aims to intensify efforts for making citizens aware about the conservation and effective utilization of petroleum products.
- Beside this, PCRA has also planned to observe Cycle Day on 21st January throughout the country & Cyclothon event at Indore, Bhubaneswar, Mumbai etc. to spearhead the message of fuel conservation, reduction of vehicular emission by reducing congestion and improving traffic flow.