Question: Which country has recently announced the removal of the ban from movie theaters?
(a) United Arab Emirates
(c) Saudi Arabia
- On December 11, 2017, the government of Saudi Arabia announced the removal of ban from movie theaters.
- Movie theaters will open to the general people in this country after 35 years.
- According to Saudi Arabia’s Culture and Information Minister, the theaters will be licensed to run the film in the next 90 days.
- Cinema Houses should take care of the Sharia laws and the moral values of the country in film production.
- It is known that Saudi Arabia is undergoing an economic overhaul under Vision 2030 and is taking some key steps to bring Saudi Arabia as a liberal economy in front of the world and to reduce its reliance on oil over the next decade.
- Women were also given the right to drive for the first time in this line.