Question: Who has been appointed Governor of the Reserve Bank of India?
(a) Jagdish Bhagwati
(b) Kaushik Basu
(c) Shaktikanta Das
(d) Gita Gopinath
- FormerEconomic Affairs secretary Shaktikanta Daswas named the 25th Governor of the Reserve Bank of India.
- Hesucceeded Urjit Patel, who resigned from the post over the issue of autonomy ofRBI.
- Heis a Tamil Nadu cadre IAS Officer who has the first and foremost responsibilityof normalizing the relation between central government and the central bank.
- ShaktikantaDasserved invarious capacities for Indian and Tamil Nadu governments,including as Economic Affairs Secretary of India, Revenue Secretary of India, Fertilizers Secretary of India. He was a member of the Fifteenth FinanceCommission of India.
- Shaktikanta Das had been instrumental in establishingthe monetary policy committee (MPC) and the switchover to an inflationtargeting regime, among other things.
By Ramayan Upadhyay Links: