Question: Where is the 7th edition of ‘Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav-2018′ being organized from 14-20 January 2018?
(d) Uttar Pradesh
- During 14th -20th January 2018, Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav-2018 is being organized in Bangalore, Hubli-Dharwad and Mangaluru (Karnataka).
- It is the 7th edition of the Mahotsav.
- The Mahotsav is being organizing under the Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat matrix.
- The Union Minister of State for Culture (I/C) and Environment, Dr. Mahesh Sharma inaugurated the Mahotsav on 14thJanuary 2018.
- It is noteworthy that The Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat programme was launched by the Prime Minister on 31stOctober, 2016 to promote engagement amongst the people of different states/UTs so as to enhance mutual understanding and bonding between people of diverse cultures, thereby securing stronger unity and integrity of India.
- The State paired with Karnataka is Uttarakhand.
- The Mahotsav will cover a profusion of art forms from classical and folk, music and dance, theatre to literature and the visual arts and would offer the chance to experience the best in established and emerging virtuosity.
- A handloom and handicrafts-utsav is part of the proposed event.
- The gastronomic culture of several partnering states will be showcased through a food festival.