Ques: The Prime Minister has approved the appointment of which member as one of the full-time members in the NITI Aayog?
a. Rajiv Meharshi
b. Ramesh Chand
c. Dr. Girish Sahani
d. Neerja Mathur
- 08 September, 2015 The Prime Minister has approved the appointment of agriculture expert Prof Ramesh Chand as one of the full-time members in the NITI Aayog.
- He has been a member of a task force on agriculture development under NITI Aayog which is formulating strategies to give a boost to the agriculture sector.
- Shri Ramesh Chand has also headed a government panel on Minimum Support Price and has been working as Director of National Institute of Agricultural Economics and Policy Research (NIAP) in New Delhi since 2010.
- The National Institute of Transforming India, NITI Aayog under the Chairmanship of Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been set up in place of place of Planning Commission.
- It has noted economist Aravind Panagariya as its Vice Chairman while economist Bibek Debroy and former DRDO Chief VKSaraswat along with agriculture expert Ramesh Chand now as full time members.