Ques: Recently, President Pranab Mukherjee gave Rajiv Gandhi Manav Seva Awards 2015 for their outstanding contribution towards service for children. The award was started in-
- November 14, 2015 President Pranab Mukherjee gave Rajiv Gandhi Manav Seva Awards on the occasion of Children’s Day.
- Rajiv Gandhi Manav Seva Awards 2015 recipients are:
- Moji Jini (Arunachal Pradesh)
- Vaijayanti M. Chougala (Karnataka)
- Santhosh G.Thomas (Kerala)
- It is important to know that the Ministry of Women and Child Development Government of India in pursuance to its policy to support and encourage voluntary action for providing services to children initiated the “Rajiv Gandhi Manav seva Award” in 1994 to honour and recognize the individuals for providing their voluntary social services to children.
- The Award includes the cash prize of Rs. 1 lakh, a silver plate and citation.
- It is notable that a National Selection Committee chaired by the Ministry of Women and Child Development selects the recipients out of the nominations recommended by the State Governments/Union Territory Administrations and experts in this area.