Question: Who has been conferred Mohammed Rafi Lifetime Achievement Award, 2018?
(a) Laxmikant Shantaram Kudalkar
(b) Poornima Shrestha
(c) Vidya Balan
(d) Sushma Shrestha
- Late music composer Laxmikant Shantaram Kudalkar and playback singer Usha Timothy has been conferred 2018 Mohammed Rafi Award.
- The award was instituted by an NGO Spandan Arts headed by Mumbai BJP Chief Ashish Shelar.
- Kudalkar, of the Laxmikant-Pyarelal duo, was given the Mohammed Rafi Lifetime Achievement Award consisting of 1 lakh rupees and a trophy. Usha Timothy was honoured with the award and 51,000 rupees at a programme held in suburban Bandra.
- As music composers, Kudalkar in partnership with Pyarelal Ramprasad Sharma have belted out hit tracks like ‘Bindiya Chamkegi’, ‘Main Shayar Toh Nahin’ and ‘Hansta Hua Noorani Chehra’ among others.
- Timothy has sung 1,000 songs in multiple Indian languages such as Hindi, Malayalam, Punjabi, Bhojpuri and Marathi, among others.