Question- Prime Minister’s Shram awards were announced by the Central Government for the year 2016 on January 25th, 2018. Consider the following statements related to this award-
1. The Prime Minister’s Office (PMD) announces the Prime Minister’s Shram Awards annually.
2. These rewards will be provided to 50 workers employed in the PSUs, PSUs and PSUs of private sector units and private sector units.
3. These awards are selected from only those undertakings in which 500 or more workers are employed.
Which of the above statements is / are true?
(a) Only (2) and (3)
(b) only (1) and (3)
(c) only (1) and (2)
(d) above all
- On January 25, 2018, The Prime Minister’s Shram Awards were announced by the Central Government for the year 2016.
- The Labor and Employment Ministry announces the Prime Minister’s Shram Awards annually.
- These rewards will be provided to 50 workers working in PSUs, PSUs and private sector units of departmental enterprises, central and state governments.
- The selection for these awards is done only by those undertakings in which 500 or more workers are employed.
- Though the total number of Shram award to be provided this year is 32, which will be given to a total of 50 workers including 3 women.
- The awards include 34 workers in the public sector and 16 workers from the private sector.
- Shram Awards are provided in four categories.
- These include ‘Shram Ratna Award’, ‘Shram Bhushan Puraskar’, ‘Shram Veer / Veerangna’ and ‘Shram Shree / Shram Devi Puraskar’.
- Any nomination for the prestigious Shram Ratna award was not found suitable this year.
- Shram Bhushan award has been announced to 12 laborers of Sell, BHEL and Tata Steel Limited.
- Under this cash prize of Rs one lakh and a charter is given.
- Naval Dockyard, Ordnance Factory, National Steel Corporation, Tata Steel, Hindalco Industries, Paradeep Phosphates Limited and the Brahmos Aerospace 18 workers ‘Shram Veer / Shram Veerangna’ award were announced.
- Under which 60 thousand rupees cash and a charter will be provided.
- Shram Shree / Shram Devi Award will be given to 20 workers of Cement Corporation of India, Naval Ship Repair Yard, Tata Motors, Surat Lignite Power Plant, Larsen & Toubro etc.
- 40,000 rupees cash and a charter will be provided.