Question:Who has been conferred highest civilian award the Order of St. Andrew the Apostle recently?
(a) Narendra Modi
(b) Benjamin Netanyahu
(c) Sushma Swaraj
(d) Theresa May
- On 12 April 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been conferred “Order of St. Andrew the Apostle the First-Called”, the highest civilian award of the Russian Federation.
- This award is being conferred for developing the Special and Privileged Strategic Partnership between Russia and India.
- Among various major recognitions bestowed to PM Modi in five governing years,four highest civilian awards are conferred by Muslim countries(Afghanistan,Saudi Arabia,Palestine and United Arab Emirates) underlining his efforts at boosting India’s ties with the Islamic world.
- Former recipients of the Order of St. Andrew the Apostle includes President of Azerbaijan Heydar Aliyev, President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev, Chinese President Xi Jinping and former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev.
- The award is being given to outstanding personalities for exceptional services that contribute to the prosperity, greatness and glory of Russia since its inception in 1998.
By Amar Mani Upadhyay