Question: NITI Aayog signs Statement of Intent (SOI) with Michael & Susan Dell Foundation (MSDF) to document Systemic Transformation in which sector?
(a) Health reform
(b) Education reform
(c) Employment reform
(d) None of the above
- The NITI Aayog and Michael & Susan Dell Foundation (MSDF) signed a Statement of Intent (SOI) to codify, document and share best practices to improve learning outcomes in public school education through systemic reforms, based on their collective experiences of working with various State Governments in India.
- The NITI Aayog was established with the core mandate of promoting cooperative and competitive federalism through evidence-based policy reform and knowledge inputs. Since its inception, NITI Aayog has placed learning outcomes as a key focus area for establishing sustainable education systems.
- As a part of this push, the School Education Quality Index (SEQI) is being developed to rank States/UTs on educational outcomes, with a high weightage to learning outcomes.
- Further, NITI is implementing the Sustainable Action for Transforming Human Capital in Education (SATH-E) initiative to induce systemic transformation in Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand and Odisha.
- Nearly 30 million children are reported to have been positively impacted across India through such systemic reforms in education in different states.