Question: Who amongst the following has recently been appointed as the chairman of the Indian Olympic Association’s (IOA) Finance Commission?
(a) Mukesh Kumar
(b) Pawan Deep Singh Kohli
(c) Anil Khanna
(d) G.S. Mandar
- On January 12th, 2018, senior sports administrator Anil Khanna named Chairman of the Finance Commission of the Indian Olympic Association.
- In addition to this IOA also formed a Medical Commission and Games Technical Conduct Committee and nominated office bearers of IOA and National Sports Federations (NSFs) to the Committees.
- The advisory committee comprises Tarlochan Singh, GS Mander, S Regunathan and BS Landge.
- The Khanna-led Finance Commission has Sahdev Yadav, Secretary General, Indian Weightlifting Federation and DK Singh, Secretary, Uttarakhand Olympic Association, as members.
- Pawan Deep Singh Kohli, son of Tarlochan, was named Chairman of the Medical Commission.
- It is noteworthy that Kohli’s name was embroiled in a controversy when he was appointed as the Chief Medical Officer of the Indian contingent for the 2016 Rio Olympics.