Question: Naval Commanders Conference 2017 is being organized in …
(a) New Delhi
Related Fact :
- Naval Commanders’ Conference 2017 was inaugurated at New Delhi on 2nd, May 2017. It is a four day event which will last till 5th, May 2017.
- The Chief of the Naval Staff will review major operational, training and administrative activities with the Commanders-in-Chief undertaken in the last six months and deliberate the away ahead on important activities and initiatives in the near future.
- The Defence Minister would address and interact with the Naval Commanders on the opening day of the Conference.
- The Conference is a platform for institutionalized interaction between the naval top-brass and senior Government officials as also with the Chief of Army Staff and Chief of Air Staff.
- Admiral Sunil Lanba, Chief of the Naval Staff would chair the Conference and deliberate on Indian Navy’s plans for sustained operational effectiveness, combat readiness and improved maintenance.
- The Commanders would also brainstorm synergising the Navy’s role in a joint/ unified structure in the future.
- In the back drop of terrorist threats and the prevailing security scenario, the Conference would review the security measures for naval assets, bases and air stations, and the overall operational readiness of units.
- It will lay particular emphasis on indigenisation towards achieving greater self-reliance and support the “Make in India” initiative.
- Deliberations will also be made on some critical key enablers viz. infrastructure/ force development and improved logistics management