Question: Name the country which hosted the Multinational Maritime Exercise AMAN 2019 recently?
- From 8-12 February 2019, the 6th Multinational Naval Exercise AMAN 19 was conducted by Pakistan Navy at Pakistan Navy Dockyard in Karachi. Pakistan had been conducting this exercise biennially since 2007.
- Overall 45 nations participated this year through Ships, Aircraft, Special Operating Forces, Observers and Speakers.
- Addressing the occasion, Commander Pakistan Fleet, Vice Admiral Muhammad Amjad Khan Niazi warmly welcomed the participating nations for a common resolve “Together for Peace”.
- AMAN-19 was conducted in two phases; the harbor phase spanned from 08-10 Feb and the sea phase from 11-12 Feb. 2019.
- One of the key events of AMAN-19 other than sea exercises is ‘International Maritime Conference’ which is being organized by National Centre for Maritime Policy Research (NCMPR).