Question: MOVE: Global Mobility Summit will be organized in New Delhi in September 2018 by-
(a)Ministry of External Affairs
(b)Ministry of Commerce
- On 7th and 8thSeptember, 2018; NITI Aayog will organize MOVE: Global Mobility Summit’ in, New Delhi.
- The summit will be held in collaboration with various ministries and industry partners, aimed at providing feedback for the government’s goals towards vehicle electrification, renewable energy integration and job growth and to give momentum for India’s transition to a clean energy economy.
- The Summit will be the first Global Mobility Summit of its kind, with over 1,200 expected participants from across the world including Government leadership, Industry leaders, Research Organizations, Academia, Think Tanks and Civil Society Organizations.
- The Summit will constitute three designated components – The Conclave, the Expo and the Featured Events
- MOVE Summit aims to bring together and engage with key stakeholders within the rapidly transforming global mobility landscape.
- It will put forward the agenda of evolving a public interest framework for a shared, connected, zero emission and inclusive mobility for the future.
- The six tracks or themes for the Summit will focus on:
(i) Asset Utilization and Services
(ii) Comprehensive Electrification
(iii) Alternative Energy
(iv) Reinventing Public Transit
(v) Logistics and Goods Transport
(vi) Data Analytics and Mobility.
See also the links below: