Question: Recently in which area MoU between India & France is signed?
(a) Energy efficiency / Energy conservation (Science & technology)
- On 6th of December, The Union Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has been informed of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and France in the field of energy efficiency / energy conservation.
- The MoU was signed on 17th October 2018.
- The MoU is a Science and Technology agreement, which includes knowledge sharing & feedback in the nature of technical assistance only.
- It will generate consciousness on energy efficiency.
- Development of fundamental tools for collection, use and analysis of CO2 emissions and green house gas emissions data for tracking global emissions for INDC.
- It will promote Research and Development, and demonstrate energy efficient technology & technological systems.
- Development of viable mobility with primary focus on electrical mode of transport.
- The objective of the MoU is the future collaboration regarding in a pilot project to provide SECI an e-vehicle charging station with embedded batteries, powered by solar panels and optimized connection to the grid in order to support the Indian governments’ ambitious plan for the deployment of electrical vehicles by maximizing solar mobility and minimizing its grid impact.