Question: On June 29th, 2018, Union Minister of Commerce and Industry and Civil Aviation Suresh Prabhu launched the mobile app ‘Reunite’. This app will provide assistance in-
(a) tracking missing and abandoned children
(b) online bill payment
(c) online air ticket booking
(d) registration of the registration
- On June 29th, 2018, Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu launched a mobile application called ReUnite.
- It helps to trackandtrace missing and abandoned children in India.
- This app has been developed by the NGO, Bachpan Bachao Andolan & Capgemini.
- This is an effort to reunite parents whose children have gone missing and is a wonderful use of technology to address real life social challenges.
- The app is multiuser where parents and citizens can upload pictures of children, and provide detailed description like name, birth mark, address, report to the police station, search and identify missing kids.
- The photographs will not be saved in the mobile phone’s physical memory. Amazon Recognition, web facial recognition service, is being used to identify missing kids.
- The app is available for both Android and iOS.
- Bachpan Bachao Andolan, (BBA) is India’s largest movement for the protection of children and works along with law enforcement agencies and policymakers.
- Kailash Satyarthi; Nobel Laureate is the founder of Bachpan Bachao Andolan.