Question: Which of the following states government has recently announced to provide free medical treatment to every road accident victim in the state for the first 48 hours?
(d) Madhya Pradesh
- On May 16th, 2018, the Gujarat Government announced to provide free medical treatment for the first 48 hours for each individual who meets with a road accident in the state.
- This facility will be available in both state-owned and private hospitals.
- Under the scheme, the government will bear medical expenditure up to Rs 50,000 on each accident victim.
- Gujarat Deputy Chief Minister and Health Minister Nitin Patel announced the launch of ‘free treatment scheme’.
- Under the scheme, free treatment facilities will also be available to the people of other states or other countries if they are victims of road accidents and are admitted to state-owned or private hospitals.
- The aim of this scheme is to provide better treatment over time and reduce life-loss due to road accidents.
- This scheme will be implemented in the entire state.
- On an average, there are 29,300 accidents every year in Gujarat and more than 6,400 people die in such accidents.