Question- Where was the LPG Panchayat organized recently?
(a) Krishi Bhawan
(b) Urja Bhawan
(c) Rashtrapati Bhavan
(d) NITI Aayog
- On February 13th, 2018; President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, hosted an‘LPG Panchayat’ today (February 13, 2018) at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
- The LPG Panchayat was organised by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
- The aim is to provide a platform for LPG consumers to interact with each other, promote mutual learning and share experiences.
- Each LPG Panchayat has about 100 LPG customers coming together, near their living areas, to discuss safe and sustainable usage of LPG, its benefits and the link between clean fuel for cooking and women’s empowerment. The Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas intends to conduct 1 lakh such Panchayats across India before March 31, 2019.
- It is known that taking place of LPG Panchayatsas part of the Ujjwala Yojana process will prove very useful.