Question: Which of the following company of Israel launched world`s first privately funded moon mission spacecraft on February 22, 2019?
s non-profit organisation SpaceIL and state-owned Israel Aerospace Industries launched worlds first entirely private funded spacecraft of Moon mission on February 22, 2019.
- The spacecraft was launched from Florida’s Cape Canaveral by Falcon 9 rocket of SpaceX.
- This made Israel the fourth country after Russia, US and to make a soft landing on the moon.
- The name of spacecraft is Beresheet, Hebrew for Genesis. It weighs 585 kg and is approximately 5 ft tall.
- This spacecraft will trip for 7 weeks and is expected to touch down by April 11, 2019.
- The spacecraft also carries instruments for measurement of lunar magnetic field, which will help in understanding moon’s formation.
- Lunar mission started many decades ago. The Soviet Union landed its Luna 2 mission on the moon in 1959. Three years later, the United States landed Ranger 4 on the moon.