Question: On 27-28 January, 2018, for the 11th edition of IPL 2018, foreign player Ben Stokes remained the most expensive (Rs 12.5 crore) player in the auction. Which of the following Indian players got most expensive bid?
(a) KL Rahul
(b) Rishabh Pant
(c) Manish Pandey
(d) Jaydev Unadkat
- The auction of players for the 11th edition of Indian Premier League, 2018, concluded in Bangalore. (27-28 January, 2018)
- England’s Ben Stokes remained the most expensive player in the auction this year too.
- Tram Rajasthan Royals bought him for Rs 12.50 crore.
- Jaydev Unadkat was the most expensive Indian player bought by Rajasthan Royals for Rs 11.50 crore.
- Followings are the most expensive five players respectively:
- Ben Stokes, 12.50 crores, Team-Rajasthan Royals
- Jaydev Unadkat, Rs 11.50 crores, Team-Rajasthan Royals
- Manish Pandey, Rs 11 crores, Team-Sunrise Hyderabad
- KL Rahul, Rs. 11 crore rupees, Team-Kings Eleven Punjab
- Chris Lynn, Rs 9.60 crore, Team-Kolkata Knight Riders
- Four Afghan players have the IPL 2018 season for the first time.
- Mujeeb Zadran (Kings XI Punjab), Mohammad Nabi and Rashid Khan Sunrises Hyderabad and Spinner Zahir Khan were bought by Rajasthan Royals made debut for the first time.
- On the second day ofauction, Nepal’s leg-spinner Sandeep Lamichhane
- has bought for the base price of Rs 20 lakh by the Delhi Daredevils team.
- Sandeep will be the first Nepali cricketer to play in the IPL.
- This time the ‘Right to Match Card’ (RTM) was used in the auction first time.
- ‘Right to Match Card’ is given to all the franchises.
- This card can buy back your player sold during the auction.
- When the auction is over to buy the player, it has to match the bids sold.
- They have to match the bids sold at the end of the auction to buy the player.
- It means at the same price the player’s price is worth, the franchisee can get his old player.
- Shikhar Dhawan, the most expensive player to return to his team through
- Dhawan was acquired by Kings Eleven Punjab for 5 crore 20 lakhs, but Hyderabad used the RTM card to include Dhawan back in his team.
- IPL 2018 will be held in different cities of India from April 7th, 2018 to May 27th, 2018.
- Administrator- BCCI
- Cricket format- T-20 tournament format- Double round robin and playoffs knockout
- IPL Governing Council had included total 580 players for the auction, out of which 361 were Indian players.