Question: Which company bagged the top position in the ‘Best Indian Brand, 2019’ ranking issued by Brand Consultant company Interbrand?
(b) Reliance Industries
- World`s leading brand consultant company Interbrand released the ‘Best Indian Brand, 2019’ ranking on March 14, 2019.
- Tata topped the list followed by Reliance and Airtel.
- The ranking is based on three key components that contribute to a brand’s cumulative value: the financial performance of the branded products and services, the role the brand plays in influencing customer choice and the strength the brand has, to command a premium price or secure earning for the company.
- The retail sector also made its presence in the list, which was otherwise dominated by the automotive, diversified businesses & financial service sectors.
- The automotive sector has shifted gears to drive top growth. Royal Enfield, Bajaj Auto, Ashok Leyland, Hero, Maruti Suzuki and Mahindra demonstrate growth higher than average.
- Big Bazaar, DMart and Nerolac Paints enters the table for the first time. On the other hand, Reliance Group and Canara Bank exited the list this year.
- The combined value of the Top 40 brands was INR 5.03 Tn, which represented a 5.2% growth in value over the previous year.
- Tanishq, Royal Enfield, Kotak, Bajaj Auto, Ashok Leyland and Britannia were amongst the fastest growing brands.
- Ever since its inception, Tata has continued to hold the top position in the Best Indian Brands table.
- Tata’s brand value grew by a modest 6.5%.
- Reliance witnessed an increase in brand value of 12%. This performance was bolstered by the phenomenal growth of JIO.
- HDFC Bank, LIC, State Bank of India, Infosys, Mahindra, ICICI Bank and Godrej round off the Top 10.
- Financial Services and Auto contributed the most to this year’s Top 40, at 27% and 13% of value, respectively.