Question: Indus Food 2019 was hosted by which of the following city?
(b) Greater Noida
- On 14th & 15th January, 2019, INDUS FOOD-2019 held, at India Expo Mart, Greater Noida with the theme World Food Supermarket.
- INDUS FOOD 2019 aimed to promote value addition to India’s agriculture exports and integrate Indian farmers and agricultural products with global value chains.
- Event was divided into 15 product display zones namely: Sweets & confectionary, Dairy, Dry fruits, Fruits & vegetables, Indian ethnic food & snacks, Meat poultry & seafood, Non-alcoholic beverages, Oil & oil seeds, Organic & health food, Pulses grain and sugar, Spices, tea & coffee, Wine & alcoholic beverages, Consumer food, Ingredients and fragrances and Extracts.
- More than 700 buyers from 70 countries and over 500 food suppliers participated in the event.
- One of the prime objectives of Indus food 2019 was globalization of the event in order to focus on enhanced product development for better price realization in international markets.
- After the success of INDUS FOOD-I, Trade Promotion Council of India (TPCI) has scaled up the Reverse Buyers-Sellers Meet (RBSM) with the financial assistance under Market Access Initiative (MAI) scheme of Department of Commerce.