Question: Name the anti-tank guided missile system which was successfully flight tested by India recently?
- On 8 February 2019, India test-fired its helicopter-launched version of one of the most-advanced anti-tank weapons (HeliNa) from the Odisha coast. The Helina will make use of an IIR (infrared imaging seeker) for target engagement like the Nag.
- HeliNa (Helicopter-launched Nag), Indigenous Nag anti-tank guided missile system has a hit range of 7-8 km.
- The weapon system was tested for its full range near the Integrated Test Range in Chandipur in Balasore district.
- Helina is developed by the Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO).
- In August 2018, HeliNa was also successfully test-fired from Rudra helicopter at Pokhran test range and prior to that, three round trials of HeliNa were conducted at a firing range in Jaisalmer in Rajasthan on 13thJuly, 2015.