Question: Who is awarded Men’s Cricketer of the Year 2018 in ICC Awards?
(a) Virat Kohli
(b) Ajinkya Rahane
(c) Rohit Sharma
(d) Hardik Pandya
Answer : (a)
- On 22 January 2019, ICC announced ICC Awards for the year 2018.Unlike previous year; this year too the Men’s Cricketer of the Year is awarded to Virat Kohli.
- Various awards are been presented every year by ICC in the annual awards. Some major awards include Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy (Cricketer of the Year), Test Player of the Year, ODI Player of the Year, Twenty20 International Performance of the Year, Emerging Player of the Year Notable ICC Awardees 2018 for year 2018
- Cricketer of the Year 2018: Virat Kohli (India)
- Test Player of the Year 2018: Virat Kohli (India)
- ODI Player of the Year 2018: Virat Kohli (India)
- wenty-20 International Performance of the Year 2018: Aaron Finch (Australia)
- Emerging Player of the Year 2018: Rishabh Pant (India)
- International Cricket Council (ICC) is the world-wide governing body of cricket. It was founded as the Imperial Cricket Conference in 1909 by representatives from Australia, England and South Africa. It was renamed as the International Cricket Conference in 1965, and took up its current name in 1989.