Question: Which of the following team has won the title of Hawkes Bay Cup 2016?
(d) New Zealand
- The hockey tournament Hawkes Bay Cup 2016 was held at Hasting, New Zealand on 2-10 April 2016.
- 8 teams have participated in this competition which have been placed in Pool A and B.
- Pool A consists of Australia, Korea, Japan and Canada.
- Pool B consists of New Zealand, China, India and Ireland.
- New Zealand women’s team defeated the Japan by 3-2 in the final.
- Australia secured third place after defeating China by 3-1.
- Indian women team ranked sixth after got defeated from Ireland in a penalty shoot-out by 4-3.
- Senior defender Deepika was the captain of Indian team.
- Korea defeated Canada by 3-1 and secured the seventh ranked subsequently Canada Securing eighth position.
- Mie Nakashima of Japan and Australia’s Georgia Parker scored highest, 4-4 goals in the tournament.