Question: Which Indian State has announced Shaurya Awards for students?
(a) Himachal Pradesh
- On 16 January 2019, Chief Minister of Haryana Manohar Lal Khattar announced the Shaurya Awards for students in the name of 71 state police martyrs. The award would be given to a student for courageous deeds every year in the block, in which the school is located where the martyr had studied during his childhood.
- The Shaurya Awards includes prize money of Rupees 11000.
- Addressing the family members of Haryana Police martyrs at National Police Memorial in Delhi CM also declared the construction of a state-level police memorial in the state of Haryana & issued the book titled “Martyrs of Haryana police”.
- Ex-gratia grant which is being given to family members of police personnel has been enhanced from Rs10 lakh to Rs 30 lakh.
- Apart from this assistance under government policy, financial aid of Rs 30 lakh is also given under a special agreement of accidental death insurance cover with HDFC bank and as a result family of a police martyr gets financial assistance of Rs 60 lakhs.