Question: Who has been appointed as new High commissioner Of India to Bangladesh?
(a) Harsh Vardhan Shringla
(b) Pankaj Saran
(c) Vijay Keshav Gokhale
(d) Rajeet Mitter
- On 18 November 2015 Harsh Vardhan Shringla has been appointed as the next High Commissioner of lndia to the People’s Republic of Bangladesh.
- He will succeed Pankaj Saran, who was appointed as High Commissioner of India to Bangladesh in February 2012.
- A 1984 batch IFS officer, Mr. Harsh Vardhan Shringla is expected to take up the assignment shortly, External Affairs Ministry announced.
- He is currently Ambassador of lndia to Thailand.
- He has held a variety of positions in the MEA (Ministry Of External Affairs) here and in Indian Missions in Paris, Hanoi and Tel Aviv.
- He has also served in the Permanent Mission of India to the United Nations in New York and as Consul General in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- Prior to taking up his post in Thailand, Shringla had served in the MEA as Joint Secretary (Director General) responsible for Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Maldives.