Question: Consider the following statement regarding Manohar Parrikar who passed away recently:
1) He became Chief Minister of Goa for the first time on 24th October 2000
2) He took sworn as Chief Minister of Goa three times
3) He became Defense Minister of India in November 2014
Choose the correct statement/s:
(b) Only(1) and (2)
(c) Only(2) and (3)
(d) Only(1) and (3)
- On 17th March 2019, Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar passed away in Panaji after a prolonged illness at the age of 63.
- He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in February 2017.
- A six-time MLA and former Defence Minister, Mr Parrikar was born on 13th December, 1955 in Mapusa,Goa.
- He graduated from Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai with a B.Tech degree in Metallurgical Engineering.
- Manohar Parrikar was first elected to the Goa Assembly in 1994.
- He served as the Chief Minister of the state during October 2000 to February 2005; and March 2012 to November 2014.
- He served Goa as a Chief Minister for four times.His fourth tenure as CM of Goa began on 14 March 2017 till death.
- From November 2014 till March 2017, he served as the Union Defence Minister.
- He served as a Rajya Sabha MP from November 2014 to September 2017.
By Achyutanand Pandey