Question: Who laid foundation and inauguration of 39 National Highway Projects in Andhra Pradesh?
(a) Nitin Gadkari
(b) Narendra Modi
(c) Kiren Rijiju
(d) Venkaiah Naidu
- Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways Nitin Gadkari inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of 39 National Highways Projects in Andhra Pradesh on 21st January, 2019.
- These include construction of 11 ROBs under Setu Bhartam programme. These projects have a length of 1384 kms, and involve investment of Rs 16,878 crore.
- The total length of National Highways in Andhra Pradesh has increased from 4193 km in 2014 to 7246 km in 2018.
- Overall investment in Andhra Pradesh is Rs 1,00,000 crore for development of National Highways. About 2,520 Km of roads amounting to Rs 44,000 crore have been envisaged under Bharatmala. Under Setu Bhartam, 31 ROBs have been approved with cost of about Rs 2,500 crore. Out of these, 18 ROBs amounting to Rs 1,310 crore have been sanctioned which are at construction/award stage.
- In addition, 136 CRF works for total length of 1,805 km amounting to Rs 1,769 crore have been sanctioned since May 2014 in Andhra Pradesh. Out of these, 56 works for total length of 835 km amounting to Rs 570 crore have been completed.
- A roadmap has been developed for increasing Vizag Port capacity to 211 MMTPA from existing 152 MMTPA by 2025 by government.