Question: Recently, which Indian batsman among the given achieved the record of becoming the first batsman to make a century before lunch in a cricket match played between India and Afghanistan?
(a) Murali Vijay
(b) Shikhar Dhawan
(c) Ajinkya Rahane
(d) Hardik Pandya
- On June 14th, 2018, in the historic Test match played between India and Afghanistan at Chinnaswamy Stadium Bangalore, Indian cricketer Shikhar Dhawan hit a century before the lunch break (104 run).
- He scored total 107 run in this innings.
- In this way he became the first Indian batsman to make a century before lunch.
- Prior to Dhawan, Indian cricketer Virendra Sehwag had a record to make 94 runs before lunch in an innings.
- Sehwag had made this record in a match played against Afghanistan in 2006.
- By making this record, Dhawan joined that special club in which there are great players like Bradman.
- In Test Cricket this was first achieved by Australiancricketer Victor Trumper (103 not out) against England in Manchester in 1902.
- Australia’s Charlie Marktany (112 not out) scoreda century against England in 1926.
- Bradman is Australia’s third batsman in this list.
- He scored 105 runs in England in Leeds against England in London in the year 1930 and scored total 334 runs in this innings.
- In the year 2016-2017, Australia’s David Warner scored 100 run (not out) in match played against Pakistan in Sydney.