Question: Which is the first High Court of South India to start e-court fee payment facility recently?
(a) Karnataka High Court
(b) Madras High Court
(c) Telangana High Court
(d) Kerala High Court
- On April 20th, 2018, the e-court fee payment facility was introduced in the Madras High Court.
- This facility in this court was started jointly by the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, K. Palaniswami and Chief Justice of Madras High Court Indira Banerjee
- The Madras High Court is the first in South India and the eighth court of the country where e-court fee payment facility has been started.
- This is an “advocate and litigant-centric initiative” that facilitates payment of court fee online by the lawyer and litigator.
- This facility has been started by the Tamil Nadu State Government through its Central Record Holding Agency ‘Stock Holding Corporation of India’.
- It will be initially introduced in the Court’s Main bench and the Madurai Bench.
- Currently, e-court fee payment facility is being provided in the High Courts in Delhi, Punjab, Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Himachal Pradesh and Supreme Court.