Question- Where did the fifth bilateral meeting between India and Malaysia be held recently to cooperate in traditional medicine systems?
(c) New Delhi
- On January 10th, 2018, 5th Bilateral Technical Meeting on cooperation in the field of Traditional Systems of Medicine between Govt. of India and Malaysia was held at New Delhi.
- This meeting was a part of agreement signed between both countries in 2010.
- The Meeting was presided by Sh. Pramod Kumar Pathak, Joint Secretary, Ministry of AYUSH from Indian side and Deputy Director General Health (Medical), Ministry of Health Malaysia.
- The Meeting had discussed the following agenda:-
(a) Establishment of Ayurveda Chair in University of UTAR, Malaysia
(b) Professional training in Panchakarma therapy for Malaysian experts in India
(c) The evaluation of safety and efficacy of combination Ayurvedic/ traditional products for clinical trials.
(d) Safety evaluation of Ayurvedic products based on Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
(e) Bilateral MoU between National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB), Ministry of AYUSH and Malaysia for Cooperation in the field of Medicinal Plants.
(f) Registration of Homeopathic Practitioner and their capacity building module in Malaysia.
- In the meeting, the Malaysian side gave information about the recent development in the field of traditional medicine in their country.
- Traditional and Supportive Medicine Council has been formed in Malaysia to conduct various activities related to traditional systems.
- Malaysian side showed interest in Indian medicine and Panchkarma method
- AYUSH Ministry underlined issues related to registration of AYUSH doctors and products in Malaysia.
- In the meeting, the Malaysian side was informed that there is a strong system of regulation in the country for AYUSH products, practices and providers that can be shared with the Malaysian side for reference purposes.