Question: Consider the following statements regarding “ExoMars”
- The NASA and Russia’s Federal Space Agency have teamed up on ExoMars
- It comprises of two missions, which includes a trace gas research and communication satellite and a rover.
Select the correct statements
(c)Both 1 and 2
(d)Neither 1 nor 2
- ExoMars (exobiology on mars) is a two part astrobiology project for evidence of life on mars. It is a joint mission of European Space Agency (ESA) and The Russia’s Federal Space Agency (Roscosmos).
- First part, launched in 2016, placed a trace gas research and communication satellite into Mars Orbit and released a stationary experimental Lander.
- ExoMars rover, the (ESA) and the Roscosmos’ joint venture to the Red Planet that will set out in 2020, will likely land on Mars’ equator called Oxia Planum. The Oxia Planum had housed a massive pool of water in the prehistoric era.
- Another site which was also considered as a likely landing spot was Mawrth Vallis that literally means “a valley on Mars”.
By Ramayan Upadhyay