Question: A Pan India scholarship program for school children called Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana is launched recently. Under the scheme of SPARSH, it is proposed to award annual scholarships to children of which Standard?
(a) VI to IX
(b) VIII to X
(c) VIII to XII
(d) X to XII
- On November 3rd, 2017, Minister of Communications Shri Manoj Sinha launched a Pan India scholarship program for school children called Deen Dayal SPARSH Yojana.
- SPARSH stands for ‘Scholarship for Promotion of Aptitude & Research in Stamps as a Hobby’.
- Under the scheme of SPARSH, it is proposed to award annual scholarships to children of Standard VI to IX having good academic record and also pursuing Philately as a hobby through a competitive selection process in all postal circles.
- The amount of Scholarship will be Rs. 6000/- per annum @ Rs. 500/- per month.
- Scholarships will be given to 920 students pursuing Philately as a hobby.
- Every Postal Circle will select a maximum of 40 scholarships representing 10 students each from Standard VI, VII, VIII and IX.
- It is known to all that Philately is the hobby of collection and study of Postage stamps.