Question: Which of the following state has been given top rank in Climate vulnerability index?
(b) Arunachal Pradesh
(d) Himachal Pradesh
- Climate vulnerability index is published for India.
- It was published by Department of Science and Technology under the ministry of Science and Technology.
- It was prepared for the 12 Himalayan states.
- In this index ranking a given between 0 and 1.
- Where 0 indicates least vulnerable and 1 indicates most vulnerable.
- In this index Assam and Mizoram get the point 0.72 and 0.71 which is highest in 12 Himalayan states.
- The study was done by IIT Bangalore.
- Sikkim is least vulnerable which got point 0.42.
- In this index Jammu and Kashmir got 0.62.
- In this report India is most vulnerable followed by Pakistan.
By Achyutanand Pandey