Question: Chhatra Vishwakarma Awards and Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY) Awards were distributed recently. The event was organized by-
(a) HRD Ministry
(c) IIT Chennai
(d) IIM Ahmedabad
- On 21st January 2019; The Vice President of India Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu presented the 2nd ChhatraVishwakarma Awards to students and their mentors, and the Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY) Awards to institutions working for the development of adopted village.
- The event was organized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) at New Delhi.
- The Awards are aimed for motivating young individuals, inspiring leaders and institutions/ organizations to recognize and applaud the innovations and achievements of individuals as well as institutions.
- This year AICTE in association with Engineering Council of India (ECI) and the Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) announced the 2nd AICTE-ECI-ISTE ChhatraVishwakarma Awards 2018 under the theme “Empowerment of Villages through Technologies”.
Categories and the Recipients:
- Any other Rural Appropriate Technologies: Army Institute of Technology, Maharashtra.
- Education, Skill Initiative & Startups: Gokaraju Rangaraju Institute of Engineering and Technology, Telangana.
- Rural Craft & Livelihood, Rural Infrastructure, Tourism: Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Andhra Pradesh.
- Agriculture & Food: Sri Krishna College of Technology, Tamil Nadu.
- Water & Irrigation: Aditya Engineering College, Andhra Pradesh.
- Sanitation & Solid Liquid Waste Management: Kalasalingam Academy of Research and Education, Tamil Nadu.
Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY) Awards:
- Sansad Adarsh GramYojana (SAGY) was launched in October 2014 with the aim to translate the comprehensive vision of Mahatma Gandhi of an ideal Indian village. The institution which are located in proximity and are working hard for the development of the adopted village; these institution are being encouraged by AICTE under the theme Developed Village-Developed Nation.
- Under the award out of the 24 shortlisted applications, College of Technology and Engineering Udaipur, Rajasthan was awarded with first rank, Seethi Sahib Memorial Polytechnic College, Tirur, Kerala was honoured with second rank while Indian Institute of Food Processing Technology, Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu secured third position.