Question: Who is the author of the book Law Justice and Judicial power?
(a) Justice Ranjan Gogoi
(b) Pro. Mool Chand Sharma
(c) Justice P N Bhagwati
(d) Justice D Y Chandrachud
- On 8th February, 2019, President Ram Nath Kovind has received the first copy of the book titled Law, Justice and Judicial Power-Justice P. N. Bhagwati’s Approach from Chief Justice of India, Shri Justice Ranjan Gogoi.
- The book is written by Mool Chand Sharma.
- This book is a collection of essays on the life and work and approach to justice – of the Late Justice P.N. Bhagwati.
- He is called the father of Public Interest Litigation (PIL) in India. The concept of the PIL began as an instrument for the poor and those who could not afford the expense of a lengthy litigation process.
- In his 26 years on the bench – 13 in the Gujarat High Court and 13 in the Supreme Court, culminating in his term as the Chief Justice of India – he made profound contributions. These contributions helped in building a more responsive judicial system and building a better, fairer India.
- The PIL tradition is an Indian contribution to the practice of law and the process of justice delivery. This has been admired by other democracies and other legal systems as well.