Question: Who is the Minister for Minority Affairs, Government of India?
(a) Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
(b) Sayed Shahnawaz Hussain
(c) Nazma Heptullah
(d) None of the above
- On 13 December 2018, India and Saudi Arabia signed bilateral Annual Haj 2019 Agreement at Jeddah.
- The Agreement was signed by Union Minister for Minority Affairs, Government of India Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, and Haj and Umrah Minister of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Dr Mohammad Saleh bin Taher Benten.
- Agreement seeks to ensure safety and better facilities, medical facilities for the Indian pilgrims during Haj 2019.It is a part of strengthened bilateral relations of the two countries.
Facts & Figures:
- Record 1, 75, 025 Muslims from India performed Haj 2018 which included about 48 % women.
- Indian Government had lifted ban on women going to Haj without Mehram (male companion) last year which resulted about 1300 Indian Muslim women went on Haj 2018 without Mehram.
- For the first time, more than 100 women Haj coordinators and Haj assistants had been deployed to assist Indian women Haj pilgrims in 2018.
- Haj committee of India has received more than 2 Lakh 47 thousand applications yet for Haj 2019. The Indian Government has requested the Saudi Arabia Government to increase India’s annual quota for Haj 2019.