Question: Recently, Chairman of the Railway Board Ashwani Lohani and Chairman of the National Child Rights Protection Committee, Mr. Stuti Kakkar initiated awareness campaign on protection of children. This is being jointly operated by which of the followings?
(a) Policy Commission and Railways
(b) Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports and Railways
(c) National Child Rights Protection Commission and Railways
(d) Department of Women and Child Development and Railways
- On 7th June 2018, Chairman of Railway Board Ashwani Lohani and Smt Stuti Kacker, Chairperson, National Commission for Protection of Child Rights, initiated awareness campaign on protection of children.
- This campaign is jointly being run by National Commission for Protection of Child Rights and Railways.
- Under the campaign, awareness will be spread on the protection of children coming in contact of railways in the form of passengers, separated from their families the spoiled children and the smuggled children.
- This campaign has been launched to solve the issue of protection of children in the entire railway system and to make all stakeholders, travelers, vendors and coolies sensitive.
- This standard procedure of railway is currently applicable to 88 stations to ensure the care and protection of children in connection with the railway.
- It will be extended to 174 stations in the coming period.
- On this occasion, Railway Board President Ashwani Lohani released a poster with Stuti Kacker Dharmendra Kumar and Visvesh Choubey, to raise awareness for the protection and care of children coming in contact to railways.
See also the links below:-