Ques: Who won the Avadh 20th Commonwealth Table Tennis Championships men’s title?
- 20th Avadh Commonwealth Table Tennis Championship held at Surat, India from 16 December, 2015 to until 21 December, 2015.
- Indian men’s team defeated England men’s team in the final by 3-1 in December 18, 2015 in the tournament held at Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Indoor Stadium, Surat and won the title second time (2015,2004).
- Singapore defeated Northern Ireland by 3-0 and won bronze medal in men’s category.
- Singapore defeated India by 3-1 and won gold medal in women’s category.
- England defeated Wales by 3-1 and won bronze medal.
- The Indian women’s team for the fourth time (1975, 1983, 1991, and 2015) won the silver medal in Championship.
The results of the tournament are given below :
- Men’s Singles
Winner- Chen Feng (Singapore)
Runner- Anthony Amalraj (India)
- Women’s Singles
Winner- Zhou Yihan (Singapore)
Runner- Mouma Das (India)
- Men’s Doubles
Winner- Soumyajit Ghosh and Harmeet Desai(Both from India)
Runner- G. Sathiyan and Devesh Karia (Both from India)
- Women’s Doubles
Winner- Lin Ye and Zhou Yihan (Both from Singapore)
Runner- Manika Batra and Ankita Das(Both from India)
- Mixed Doubles
Winner- Sathi Gnanasekaran and Ankita Das (Both from India)
Runner- Soumyajit Ghosh and Mouma Das (Both from India)