Question: Who won the Men`s Single title in Australian Open 2019?
(a) Roger federer
(b) Rafael Nadal
(c) Andy Murray
(d) Novak Djokovic
- The first Grand Slam of the Year Australian Open 2019 Men
s singles title was won by Serbias Novak Djokovic on January 27, 2019.
- The 14 day event started on 14th January, 2019 before which 4 days qualifier took place from 8 January to 11 January.
- World No. 1 Novak Djokovic defeated World No. 2 Rafael Nadal of Spain in straight sets of 6-3, 6-2, 6-3.
- Men’s double title was won by Pierre Hugues Herbert and Nicolas Mahut of France. They defeated Henri Kontinen of Finland and John Peers of Australia by 6-4, 7-6.
- Naomi Osaka of Japan won the Women
s Singles title defeating Czech Republics Petra Kvitova by 7-6, 5-7, 6-4.
- She became the first Asian Women to become world number one in Rankings after this win. She is also the current US Open Women
s single winner.
Samantha Stosur of Australia and Zhang Shuai of China won the Womens Double title. They defeated Timea Babos of Hungary and Kristina Mladenovic of France by 6-3, 6-4.
- Australian Open is the first Grand slam of the year.