Question: During 3-6 July, 2018, where was the ‘ Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction ‘ organized?
- On 3-6 July, 2018; the Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction, 2018 was organized in, Ulaanbaatar Mongolia.
- The theme of AMCDRR, 2018 – Preventing Disaster Risk: Protecting Sustainable Development”.
- Theme reflects the essence of the Sendai Framework. Development that does not take risk into account cannot be sustainable.
- The theme of the AMCDRR 2018 is aligned with the theme of the 2018 High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development that focuses on ‘Transformation towards sustainable and resilient societies’.
- The conference represented a key milestone for reflection on three years into the implementation of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030.
- Specifically, the conference will enable governments and stakeholders to review progress made against the commitments at the AMCDRR 2016, i.e. the New Delhi Declaration, the Asia Regional Plan, and ten stakeholder voluntary action statements.
- The Government of India will also organize a side event during the AMCDRR 2018 on Cultural Heritage and Disaster Risk Management.
- In addition, participants from Private Sector/FICCI will participate in an event being jointly organized by Mongolian Chambers of Commerce, ARISE & FICCI.
See also the links below: