Question: How many gold medals did Indian boxers won at the AIBA Women’s Youth World Championships 2017 recently concluded in Guwahati, Assam?
- AIBA Women’s Youth World Championships 2017 concluded in Guwahati, Assam, India. (November 19th-26th, 2017)
- This championship was organized by India Boxing Federation.
- Total 160 boxers of 31 countries participated in this championship.
- In the competition, India won 5 gold and 2 bronze medals.
- India became the winner of this competition for the first time.
- Indian Gold medal winner of various weight categories were: Nitu (48kg), Jyoti Singh (51kg), Sakshi Chaudhary (54kg), Shashi Chopra (57kg) and Ankushita Boro (64kg).
- Indian player Neha Yadav (81kg) and Anupama (81kg) was the Bronze medalist.
- Indian boxer Jyoti also qualified for the Olympics to be held in Buenos Aires.
- This competition was held for the first time in India.